JAYNE WITH A WHY


My life has endured some drastic changes over the past 5yrs. I've moved continents, moved countries, lost my partner in life, lost my dogs, lost the bikes & no doubt about it, lost more than a few marbles along the way. I'm fucked up but valiantly fighting off sanity, which snaps at my heels at regular intervals. I swear a lot. Tell someone who cares.

Thursday, January 24, 2008

OH TO BE TEFLON COATED

As regular readers are aware, not so long ago THIS pissed on my battery . I tend to think of him/her as an inconsiderate person, who happened to park his/her car with little or no consideration to other users of the same carpark. This person did the same thing yet again, just a few days ago, but, in my opinion, he was even more careless. He showed the same arrogance as before - simply pulled into an empty space - next to where we park the bikes - & again, left the rear end of his car across our slot.


Again, it was a display of a blatant lack of consideration for other people.


Again, it pissed on my battery.


I wrote the somewhat scathing post of Why Is It? because in all honesty, I'm gatvol of having to cowtow to fcukwits like this.


I typed out a note, which I put under his windscreen wiper. The note read (and yes, it was in capital letters, but that was only for clarity):



PLEASE NOTE THAT MY MOTORCYCLES ARE PARKED WITHIN THE BOUNDARIES OF THE PARKING SPACE, AS INDICATED BY THE WHITE LINES. I PAY FOR A PARKING SPACE IN THIS CARPARK AND AM FULLY ENTITLED TO PARK MY MOTORCYCLES HERE.YOU HAVE NO RIGHT TO PARK ACROSS 2 PARKING SPACES. THIS SHOWS IGNORANCE & SELFISHNESS TOWARDS OTHER USERS OF THIS CARPARK. KINDLY PARK YOUR CAR WITHIN THE LINES!



Despite the temptation, I did not swear. As far as I'm concerned - and I hasten to add that I got a legally qualified person to check this note - I merely pointed out that by parking haphazardly across 2 spaces, that this person was being inconsiderate.

Y'know what?


I got a letter in reply today.


And d'ya know what else?





It's MY FAULT!!!!!!!!

Yep, I'm in the wrong. The bikes are parked up, within the confines of the allocated space, but according to this person, I'm at fault.



I'm assuming this person bought his/her PhD in Clinical Psychology off the back of paw-paw truck, because he has taken the time to psycho-analyse me as well. He/She states:


"Thank you for your kind note left for me yesterday. Firstly, to demand every inch of your parking space not only suggests an egocentric character but also demonstrates a juvenile, belligerent and possessive nature."



Um, hang on a sec...............where did I demand? Someone, please, point it out to me - where in my note did I demand?


Never in my life have I ever been described as egocentric & for someone to make such an assumption without so much as ever having spoken to me is nothing short of ludicrous. The same applies to me supposedly being belligerent & possessive. An alternative of 'belligerent' is argumentative, aggressive or confrontational. If I was either of those two words, I would've done something -i.e. damaged the car - then waited for the confrontation. As for being possessive - yes I am.................possessive over more than Dhs200,000 worth of motorcycles that have taken a lifetime to acquire. I'll be stuffed if I will ask for forgivenes in feeling possessive over the bikes.


The letter continues:

"Secondly, the reason I encroached on your precious tarmac was to allow the other users of the carpark - paying members just like you and I - access to their own vehicles, not, as you suggest, out of ignorance or selfishness; quite the contrary."


I did in fact take more photos - of this latest incident. If you can picture a line of parking spaces, they show the bikes parked normally, the 'offending' car parked across 2 spaces & a 3rd car, parked within the confines of the next space. *frown* The only vehicle not parked in an orderly manner belonged to the letter writer, who admits quote; 'I encroached on your precious tarmac'.

But, remember folks, I'm to blame!


The following paragraph states:


"Ignorance is the failure to understand. Please try to understand that other people pay for the same parking privilege as you and that sometimes we have to accommodate people rather than offend or hinder them."



Somehow I hear the pot calling the kettle black around about here! Is this person suggesting that I must accommodate him/her & not offend or hinder him/her? Wait small...........I park correctly remember....................no, no, no...................silly me......................I'm at fault!



He/She continues:


"Please consult your own photo (I can't believe you felt it necessary to photograph this incident) and then suggest to me how I could have remained within my own lines without the same problem occuring to other drivers."



Ummm, well, according to the photos, I actually CAN'T understand why it was so difficult for you to park in a normal fashion. A vacant space was available, between the bikes & the next car. You chose to park as you did.







My reason for taking photos is primarily in case of damage, whether it be intentional or accidental.

In closing, the letter states:

"What we pay for in this life and what we get are two entirely different things. That you expect everyone to fall within your 'white lines' is laughable. What we can't buy in this world is consideration for others; I suggest you think about this the next time you park your vehicle with the express intention to inconvenience others."

Too true - I couldn't agree more...................what we pay for & what we get are two totally different things, but funnily enough, common courtesy & just a bit of consideration towards other vehicle owners cost absolutely nothing. Perhaps I am harping on a bit about this, but I genuinely don't understand how it is that I am inconveniencing YOU.

The photos of how you park your car speak volumes.


Posted by Jayne :: 03:30 :: 11 Had Somminc To Say

Got Somminc To Say?

---------------oOo---------------