JAYNE WITH A WHY


My life has endured some drastic changes over the past 5yrs. I've moved continents, moved countries, lost my partner in life, lost my dogs, lost the bikes & no doubt about it, lost more than a few marbles along the way. I'm fucked up but valiantly fighting off sanity, which snaps at my heels at regular intervals. I swear a lot. Tell someone who cares.

Saturday, January 12, 2008

A BIT OF A CHANGE ON THE Y FRONT



I don't know if anyone has noticed, but I've changed a few things regarding my blog. First up was the rambling under the blog title - to me, my description of ; "Soon to be Half Century ancient wench. Lived in a heap of poverty stricken, disease ridden 3rd World countries & The Magic Kingdom.I've been dragged up & still live in the construction industry.Insanity is maintained by living with Grandma & swearing." is very true.

I will hit the half century mark soon (all donations of spliff or vast amount of Happy Pills will be gratefully received) & I most certainly have lived in a fair share of poverty stricken, disease ridden 3rd world countries, as well as the Magic Kingdom, where the tide just never reaches as far as Riyadh.

My dad spent his early days as a poacher, but by the time I was hatched, had his feet firmly planted in the construction industry, which he never left. I met Hubs on a construction site in a small town in Natal, where they still have hitching posts outside the falling-down water(ing) holes. He's still very much involved in the construction industry & I've stuck to him like shit to a blanket.

Having my MotherByLaw (a.k.a. Grandma/LGHOL) live with me ensures my insanity is maintained at a pretty reasonable level. Swearing balances out the rest.

Since Hubs got his Harley, I seem to have taken on a whole new lease on life. I've lost weight (back on the no carbs after a month long break over the Crimble period) am wearing jeans again & have reverted from a permed/highlighted bonce of hair, to a short & spiky reddish colour. The old saying of "You're only as old as you feel" is pretty apt, as I feel like a young 'un again, although I'm not currently feeling myself, as it takes two hands to type this shit................

So, I've changed my Grandma Giles image, to that of the HOG (Harley Owners Group) logo, as I've started a new blog, (The HOG Blog) aimed specifically at the Harley inclined folk here in Abu Dhabi & in all honesty, my Grandma Giles image just doesn't go with extremely lovely motorbikes. At the moment, I'm just setting the other blog up, but should my services as Blog poster no longer be required, then I'll swap my colours back for Grandma Giles' in her armchair.


Jin has not left the building, but Jayne with a Y has taken her spot for a while :-D


Posted by Jayne :: 01:46 :: 9 Had Somminc To Say

Got Somminc To Say?

---------------oOo---------------