JAYNE WITH A WHY


My life has endured some drastic changes over the past 5yrs. I've moved continents, moved countries, lost my partner in life, lost my dogs, lost the bikes & no doubt about it, lost more than a few marbles along the way. I'm fucked up but valiantly fighting off sanity, which snaps at my heels at regular intervals. I swear a lot. Tell someone who cares.

Thursday, January 31, 2008

ME, MYSELF, I & THE BIRD WITH SPIKY RED HAIR



I like having fun with clothing. I don't get dolled up very often, but when I do, I'll no doubt spend a heap on an outfit & only wear it on extremely limited occasions.

I'm well happy nowadays, wearing jeans & a t-shirt. If I go out with Hubs on the bike, I'll stick my leather waistcoat on & feel like a 16yr old again. So, normal gear for me is something like this:


On the other hand, I love wearing a kaftan. This one is about 8yrs old now & is like me, looking tired(!) but it's still a favourite.
Sadly, my other kaftans from Ghana & Kenya are literally wearing out, so I treated myself whilst at home last year & had this one made. Kaftans cover all lumps & bumps & spare tyres fade into natural folds in the material - what a pleasure!

Late last year, my incredibly mad friend Kaya invited me to accompany her to a rather lavish affair at a royal residence (palace) here in Abu Dhabi. (Now that the dust has settled, I might get around to blogging about our 'royal' night out!) The stipulated theme on the invitation to this bash was 'Indian', which meant I had to dress accordingly. Kaya very kindly leant me one of her sari's.................and over the course of about half an hour tucked, pushed, pulled & pinned the garment into place. The result of which is this:



Finally, one of my all time favourite items of clothing is my abaya! The Ultimate in LBD's (Little Black Dresses) - it covers everything & black is such an easy colour to accessorise *chuckle*. I can put it on over a pair of shorts/tatty kaftan/pyjamas etc & no one will know. What a pleasure. I wear the niqab on a bad hair day or if I want to go somewhere & not be recognised, which is great................................until I start talking - ooops!


Posted by Jayne :: 01:10 :: 14 Had Somminc To Say

Got Somminc To Say?

---------------oOo---------------