JAYNE WITH A WHY


My life has endured some drastic changes over the past 5yrs. I've moved continents, moved countries, lost my partner in life, lost my dogs, lost the bikes & no doubt about it, lost more than a few marbles along the way. I'm fucked up but valiantly fighting off sanity, which snaps at my heels at regular intervals. I swear a lot. Tell someone who cares.

Wednesday, January 30, 2008

GO AHEAD, MAKE HIS DAY!

Date : 29th January 2008 - approximately 5.45pm

Place: Small 'side' road, between Electra Street & Madinat Zayed Shopping Centre.

Setting : Mike on his way home from work. The Five O'clock Freak Out is in full force.


Traffic was backed up from the entrance to this road, from 4th street. This is mainly due to numerous cars wanting to park in a carpark where there are no obvious spaces, but people will back-up traffic & block the road trying to get in anyway. (There's probably a hundred spaces available in MadZat carpark, but that means walking an extra ten metres & gawd forbid, we can't have that can we!)
The opposite direction of the road is free of traffic, apart from Mike. Suddenly a Landcruiser pulls out of the queue of traffic & takes off, heading straight for Mike. Sed Landcruiser driver flashes his lights, probably implying that Mike must 'move' in order to let him pass. (Remember the Landcruiser is now in the wrong lane & travelling in the wrong direction). Our portly red & white check-cloth-headed Landcrusier driver has a choice. Either he causes an accident, or he stops. He chose the latter. He then lowers his blacked out drivers window & SHOUTS at Mike:

"Get out of the fucking way!"

"Learn to drive like a civilised human being!" my husband replied.

"Fuck you!!" shouts the twat.

Mike refused to move & this complete arsehole then forced his way back into the line of traffic, amidst blaring horns & much gesticulating from other drivers.

You ALWAYS get one don'tcha?


Several people have asked me, since buying the 'Glide (hereafter known as Tallulah-Blue, cos I named her!) (it's a female thing OK?) when I'm going to start riding. Well, in all honesty, it's taken me 2yrs to pluck up the courage to drive the car. I've never driven in a 'left-hand drive' country before & my co-ordination sucks. Driving in a metal cage is vastly different to riding a bike. But, I have my plan of attack in place. I WILL get to ride my bike one day, but I've also told myself that I'd better go for anger management classes before I hit the highways & byways, because it that had been me yesterday, faced with this dipshit, I would have climbed off the bike and..........................................................

Use your imagination.

'Nuff said.

Posted by Jayne :: 08:23 :: 9 Had Somminc To Say

Got Somminc To Say?

---------------oOo---------------