JAYNE WITH A WHY


My life has endured some drastic changes over the past 5yrs. I've moved continents, moved countries, lost my partner in life, lost my dogs, lost the bikes & no doubt about it, lost more than a few marbles along the way. I'm fucked up but valiantly fighting off sanity, which snaps at my heels at regular intervals. I swear a lot. Tell someone who cares.

Monday, March 26, 2007

AS VICTOR MELDREW WOULD SAY : "I DON'T BELIEVE IT!!"

Yesterday afternoon, I experienced the 'local encounter' scenario for myself first hand. Myself, Hubs & Grandma were in the SUV, coming home from lunch & a trip to the Harley shop*. We pulled into the small car park at the back of the building where we stay, as Hubs was going to drop Grandma & myself off & then return to work. As is normal in the Emirates, if there are no alloted parking spaces available, drivers will park in the middle of the road/car park. There was a car in front of us, dawdling very slowly (which was fine, as we were in the car park) but then the driver stopped - nowhere near any filled space, but with the intention of parking in the middle of the car park. We were stationary, as Hubs was waiting for the bloke to make up his mind what he was doing. He was approximately 3m in front of us. He started reversing, without looking in his rearview or side mirrors............I was watching him & he was looking at absolutely nothing - he was in a complete dwaal (daydream) & was simply staring out of the drivers side window..............but still reversing. Hubs said words to the effect of "WTF is this oke up to?" Hubs immediatley flashed his lights & put his hand on the horn/hooter & didn't let up. People stood & stared, wondering what the noise was about. The driver of the other vehicle, still in his dwaal, just kept on coming & reversed straight into our SUV! He only stopped when he felt the bump & heard the breaking of glass.
Needless to say, Hubs was bloody livid. He climbed out of the SUV & approached this other driver & said "what the hell is your problem??".

Have a guess what the driver said, when he got out of his car............






"Why did you drive into me?"



I had visions of having to pull Hubs off him, cos I'm telling you, he was ready to killlllllllllllllllllllll!!! I'm extremely proud of him though, as he told the dummy he was phoning the police to report the accident. Other driver started arm waving & declaring he had insurance, we have insurance, so why call the police..........hardly any damage to our SUV.................he's got all the damage wadda wadda wadda................

We were all absolutely stunned at the audacity of this man! He told Hubs that he didn't have any witnesses - like grandma & myself were invisible - so there really was no need to phone the police. Grandma went up to the apartment, chuckling away to herself & muttering "I don't believe it!". I waited for the (nice) policeman to arrive & whilst waiting, got chatting to a man who was on a smoke break from the next door office block. He told me he was waiting for the police, just in case they wanted an 'independant' witness. If he said it once, he said it a dozen times: "I don't believe it! I don't believe what the man did! I don't believe it!"

By the time the (nice) policeman pitched up, the 'other driver' had a sudden change of heart & despite woffling away in Arabic, apparently admitted to being 'a bit' responsible. The policeman then asked Hubs what the story was - so he told him & offered witnesses. Lots of form filling & one pissed off Palestinian driver in a dwaal was attributed to being 100% to blame.

The damage to the SUV is minor & can be fixed, but what would have been really nice was if the other driver actually had the balls to apologise. The word 'sorry' certainly wasn't in his vocabulary.


* Hubs is buying a Harley, so he just had to go check on it, to make sure no one had removed his 'Sorry I'm Sold' label.....awwwwww.

Posted by Jayne :: 04:23 :: 18 Had Somminc To Say

Got Somminc To Say?

---------------oOo---------------