JAYNE WITH A WHY


My life has endured some drastic changes over the past 5yrs. I've moved continents, moved countries, lost my partner in life, lost my dogs, lost the bikes & no doubt about it, lost more than a few marbles along the way. I'm fucked up but valiantly fighting off sanity, which snaps at my heels at regular intervals. I swear a lot. Tell someone who cares.

Monday, February 04, 2008

THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN 'SPOILT & FUCKED'

In my heart, I am African. Many moons ago, I spent a short stint in Ghana, West Africa & not so many moons ago, I got to go there again, but for a longer period of time. As with living in so many countries over the years, one tends to pick up various colloqualisms of each place. In Ghana, one of the more prolific colloqualisms used is to define if something is broken - i.e. damaged, or if it is totally beyond repair. As an example, a bumper bashing accident in a car would simply mean the car is 'spoilt' - it's not 100% anymore, but it can be fixed, whereas a full head on collision with a car would mean the car is 'fucked' - totally beyond repair.

Right now, my emotional state is hovering between being 'spoilt' & 'fucked'. I don't want to go into details as it involves a very close member of my family. I made a comment, which was misinterpreted & the backlash has been nothing short of horrific for me. The picture below carries the label 'Morning Has Broken'. It's 'spoilt', out of order. In so many ways, just like me.



Thank you all for the lovely birthday greetings - I really do appreciate all the comments I get from folks reading my drivel. Turning the milestone of Half a Century will leave memories for quite a while methinks.

My darling Bob, thank you for the amazing flowers, love & support & thank you Kaya for the gifts, the love & for just being you.

Posted by Jayne :: 08:50 :: 10 Had Somminc To Say

Got Somminc To Say?

---------------oOo---------------