JAYNE WITH A WHY


My life has endured some drastic changes over the past 5yrs. I've moved continents, moved countries, lost my partner in life, lost my dogs, lost the bikes & no doubt about it, lost more than a few marbles along the way. I'm fucked up but valiantly fighting off sanity, which snaps at my heels at regular intervals. I swear a lot. Tell someone who cares.

Wednesday, May 23, 2007

R O M E

I think I must be either getting old, or starting to appreciate history. When I was a rebel-without-a-clue, I thought history was so boring. Nowadays, I can't seem to get enough of it - history that is.....focus people, focus! Hubs is the one who got me to take an interest, as he explains historical events or places to me in a manner which doesn't leave me totally confused. Added to that, he takes the greatest pleasure in showing me historical sites, such as the Acropolis, the Blue Mosque, the Great Pyramids & more recently, Jerash in Jordan.

A few months back, there was a heap of 'controversy' surrounding the HBO TV series Rome. Viewers in the UK particularly voiced their opinion on the violence & bad language content, but for historical content, the series couldn't be faulted. We watched the first series & were absolutely glued to the box - it was brilliant! History was brought to life in all it's violent glory & the dreaded 'C' word was unedited/bleeped. The primary objective was achieved though & the story was told in the manner in which it happened.
Now series 2 of Rome has hit the box - tonight we'll be watching Episode 3 at around midnight. This series is proving to be as interesting as the first & once again, I'm sure it'll leave me drifting off to sleep, thinking of such characters as Octavian - such an intense & articulate young man & way ahead of his years. His mother Atia was such a conniving tart! Lucius - a hard but honest man, lost without his wife & Titus, a real rough diamond - good for a piss up & sod the hangover!

Can hardly wait for tonights' episode!






Posted by Jayne :: 22:19 :: 2 Had Somminc To Say

Got Somminc To Say?

---------------oOo---------------