JAYNE WITH A WHY


My life has endured some drastic changes over the past 5yrs. I've moved continents, moved countries, lost my partner in life, lost my dogs, lost the bikes & no doubt about it, lost more than a few marbles along the way. I'm fucked up but valiantly fighting off sanity, which snaps at my heels at regular intervals. I swear a lot. Tell someone who cares.

Monday, March 10, 2008

CLASSIC GRANDMA

Upon our arrival back from Liwa, we found Grandma fast asleep on her perch.......awwww bless. I stood for a few moments to make sure she was breathing & then quietly made my way to the kitchen.

About 15 minutes later, our LGHOL came sauntering out, slightly bleary eyed, but happy to see us. The conversation went as follows:

"Ey up Flower, y'alright?"

"Yes thanks........I didn't hear you come in.........I must've been flat out."

"You must've needed it Flower" I said.

"Bloody book, I can't put the bugger down really!" (she's an avid reader)

"So, did you get up to any mischief while we were away? Have any boyfriends over hmmm?"

"Yeah..........the one snuck over on Friday just after you left & the other one had to leave early today cos his wife phoned..........................."


Classic Grandma! The light might only be on dim, but she's as sharp as a knife sometimes :-)
*
*
P.S.Yay - what a pleasure to see the little chutney ferret voted off of American Idol!!

Posted by Jayne :: 08:56 :: 7 Had Somminc To Say

Got Somminc To Say?

---------------oOo---------------