JAYNE WITH A WHY


My life has endured some drastic changes over the past 5yrs. I've moved continents, moved countries, lost my partner in life, lost my dogs, lost the bikes & no doubt about it, lost more than a few marbles along the way. I'm fucked up but valiantly fighting off sanity, which snaps at my heels at regular intervals. I swear a lot. Tell someone who cares.

Thursday, February 28, 2008

A MONTH TO REMEMBER (NOT)


This month has been absolutely horrible & that's putting it mildly. Despite there being the additional day of tomorrow - because it's a sodding leap year - this month is now unofficially OVER as far as I'm concerned.


The month started with the unexpected death of the mother of a very good friend of mine in South Africa. Her mother had been through an emotionally draining divorce some 3yrs ago & it had certainly taken it's toll on the womans' mental state. The ex-husband (my friend's father) refused to 'let go' emotionally & was hell bent on destroying his ex wife. Upon the news of her death, the first thing he did was to go to her place of employment to try & wangle any outstanding salary, to which he most definitely was not entitled. When he had no joy, he approached the coroner & attempted to demand that his ex-wife be buried in a government 'pauper's' grave. When that failed, he attempted to halt the funeral arrangements his daughter had made. A restraining order was already in place thankfully & he was kept well away from the actual funeral. He's now trying to disrupt legal proceedings regarding the will of his ex-wife. How fucking sad is this bastard?


My next shite event was the upset I went through the day before my Half-Century birthday. Up until that day, I was actually looking forward to turning 50. Instead, there was a series of misunderstood messages & an unpleasent online chat, which left me devastated. My oh-so-special birthday will be remembered for all the wrong bloody reasons.



Next up was the news that Grandma, our infamous Little Grey Haired Old Lady, was diagnosed with having another tumour in her colon. This news was so unexpected & Hubs & myself were stunned. Her pain has increased, but thankfully she has medication to keep it at bay. On a good day she's the same old Grandma - full of chirps & little gems of wit. On a bad day, she's antagonistic, defiant, downright fucking stupid & so forgetful that it scares the living daylights out of me, to the extent that I'll never be more than 2 rooms away from her.

Thanks to the combined stress of work, Grandma's illness & my fragile state of mind, my poor Hubs went down with shingles. He NEEDS a bloody break. If he cracks, I've had it.

Tony & Kara


During this really shitty month, I have made contact & seen (via webcam) my brother - for the first time in 15yrs. It was pretty emotional for me. I then learned that my recently married nephew Tony (my brother's son) has been diagnosed with testicular cancer. He's 25yrs old. In the space of about 6wks, he was diagnosed, operated on & begins chemotherapy on Monday. For once, the NHS acted swiftly. Sadly, the only failing I can see is that they haven't offered Tony & Kara any counselling, but hopefully it will be made available to him soon.



My last entry into the book of the shittiest month, is about our granddaughter Lilly's Godmother, 'T'. Lilly was the flowergirl at T's wedding - a picture perfect event & also one filled with much love & happiness. T & her husband J were blessed with a baby boy late last year. The baby was born very prematurely, but obviously had a fighting spirit, as he clung to life from the word go. Shan's sent us a message on Wednesday morning to say that baby Ethan had died. My heart goes out to T & J. I honestly cannot imagine the pain they must be going through.


I hope March is a better month, I really do.


Posted by Jayne :: 15:38 :: 18 Had Somminc To Say

Got Somminc To Say?

---------------oOo---------------