JAYNE WITH A WHY


My life has endured some drastic changes over the past 5yrs. I've moved continents, moved countries, lost my partner in life, lost my dogs, lost the bikes & no doubt about it, lost more than a few marbles along the way. I'm fucked up but valiantly fighting off sanity, which snaps at my heels at regular intervals. I swear a lot. Tell someone who cares.

Tuesday, May 29, 2007

MY BIG BOY

On this day, twenty six years ago, I was lying in a hospital bed in a small provincial town in the Eastern Transvaal, wondering if I was EVER going to hatch the miracle that taken up a vast amount of my body space. The pre-rugby kicking activities had stopped & despite 5 days of induction, this sprog was in no hurry to exit his oven. A few hours later, the doc decided all was not good & organised a caesarean for early that evening.

I don't remember any pain. I don't remember smashing a pane of glass with my foot, whilst being wheeled back to the ward. I do remember finally waking from the anesthetic, getting the attention of a nurse & DEMANDING to see my baby.

Does any mother ever forget the first time they see their child - this new miracle of life that they finally (in my case) manage to bring into the world? I know, seeing Spadge for the first time, is something that is deeply ingrained on my memory & there is absolutely nothing that could ever take that vision away from me.

Fast forward just over two & a half decades >>>>>>> here we are in Abu Dhabi & there Spadge is in Dublin, Ireland. He's all grown up, with a family of his own. I miss him so much & I often wish that we could be geographically closer together, but sadly it's not possible. On days like today though, I miss him just that little bit more than usual. I wish I was there, to give him a huge hug, to look up to his smiling eyes & tell him how proud I am of him.

Happy Birthday Spadge.
Today, I get to love you a little bit more.


Posted by Jayne :: 08:08 :: 6 Had Somminc To Say

Got Somminc To Say?

---------------oOo---------------