JAYNE WITH A WHY


My life has endured some drastic changes over the past 5yrs. I've moved continents, moved countries, lost my partner in life, lost my dogs, lost the bikes & no doubt about it, lost more than a few marbles along the way. I'm fucked up but valiantly fighting off sanity, which snaps at my heels at regular intervals. I swear a lot. Tell someone who cares.

Monday, October 08, 2007

THE WAITING GAME


This photo of Grandma, our infamous Little Grey Haired Old Lady, was taken last year at the Iranian (plant) souk in Port Zayed. It typifies Grandma, because if she's surrounded by plants & has her fags at the ready, she's a happy woman. The only thing missing is a dop* but considering the time of day & location, that wasn't a good idea.
.
.
Right now, Grandma is 'over the road' - in a hospital about a hundred metres from the apartment - and as I write, is undergoing a colonoscopy**.
.
.
The doctors have told us they've found a 'mass' in her intestines.
.
.
They also told us it would take 4 - 5 days for the results of a biopsy taken during the colonoscopy.
.
.
We're playing the waiting game.
.
.
I can't even begin to explain how we're feeling right now.
.
.
* Dop = drink, in Grandma's case, normally a brandy.
** Colonoscopy - The camera up the chutney pipe jobby.

Posted by Jayne :: 22:31 :: 6 Had Somminc To Say

Got Somminc To Say?

---------------oOo---------------