JAYNE WITH A WHY


My life has endured some drastic changes over the past 5yrs. I've moved continents, moved countries, lost my partner in life, lost my dogs, lost the bikes & no doubt about it, lost more than a few marbles along the way. I'm fucked up but valiantly fighting off sanity, which snaps at my heels at regular intervals. I swear a lot. Tell someone who cares.

Sunday, April 09, 2006

AWARDS PART 2.


The First Carnation Award goes to Friends Reunited. I recently sent them an email about the hassles that users in the Middle East have, regarding their site, due to the 'dating' content. Folks who read Keefieboy's blog, will know of the trouble we've all had accessing the 'friends' site. I got hold of a human voice within the confines of Etisalat & was told that the friendsreunited website had been blocked, as it was deemed a 'dating' site & was therefore 'forbidden' under Islamic law. At least we got an explanation, so thumbs up for Etisalat for explaining, but a hefty dollop of camel dung to them for blocking a great website! Anyway, I digress............
I wrote to friendsreunited & explained the situation regarding the blocking of their website & in all honesty, I can say I truly never expected a reply to my email.
I recieved the following a couple of days ago;

Thanks for your email. I am sorry for the problems you are experiencing. Unfortunately it is not possible to remove the links from the site. May I suggest that you access FriendsReunited using the Asia URL, this does not have any tabs to the Dating site etc. http://www.friendsreunitedasia.com/

I hope this helps.
Regards
Erica
http://www.genesreunited.com

It's so nice to get feedback really! So for anyone who's having trouble logging in, the above site is another alternative.

My Second Carnation Award goes to a small(ish) clothing company in the UK, called Box 2. As mentioned in my previous mumblings, I've described myself as never having been 'little'. I was born big & have stayed that way ever since *sigh*. Buying clothes here in Abu Dhabi is very limiting for me. Female clothes from sizes 10-16 are no problem. For the likes of me (well I am cuddly y'know!) at size 20 (or 22 depending on its origin) buying clothes has been reduced to Evans or the South African Woolworths in Marina Mall. Both shops are great for casual, or smart casual. But I wanted something special, something 'posh' for want of a better word. I ran a search & came across this company called Box 2. I saw a stunning (doll) outfit, which I thought would suit me. I showed the picture to Hubs & he agreed, so cringing at the cost, I went ahead & sent an order by email. That was on a Saturday. On the following Monday, I received a phone call, from Nicky, at Box 2. She just wanted to offer some advice regarding the cut of the jacket I'd ordered & told me the price of courier fees, which I'd enquired about. My order would be dispatched the following day & would arrive probably on Friday. Well, taking into consideration Friday is like Sunday here, I didn't really expect any couriers that day. Last Saturday morning, the doorbell rang & there was a UPS chap, with my parcel from Box 2. What a pleasure! But then, I had to pay Dhs233 in 'customs duty', which wasn't a pleasure!
That evening, with some trepidation, I tried my new outfit on. It fits perfectly & I feel very bloody smart in it, thank you very much!
So Nicky of Box 2, sincere thanks for the personal attention you gave to a customer so far away. I shall certainly be buying more from you......as soon as Hubs gets over the heart failure he had when he saw the price tag..........................


Posted by Jayne :: 11:12 :: 2 Had Somminc To Say

Got Somminc To Say?

---------------oOo---------------