JAYNE WITH A WHY


My life has endured some drastic changes over the past 5yrs. I've moved continents, moved countries, lost my partner in life, lost my dogs, lost the bikes & no doubt about it, lost more than a few marbles along the way. I'm fucked up but valiantly fighting off sanity, which snaps at my heels at regular intervals. I swear a lot. Tell someone who cares.

Monday, April 03, 2006

QUESTIONS & ANSWERS

Shanna, my daughter-in-law, recently sent me her completed version of the following list of Q&A, so I thought, what the hell, I'll do mine & stick 'em on here.................so here's another heap of useless information about moi :-)
What time did you get up this morning?

7.30am, before the alarm went off, but only cos I was bustin' to squeeze a kidney....

Diamonds or pearls?

Diamonds doll (sed in her best kugel* whine) altho' I might be lucky enuff to get a pearl for the 30th wedding anniversary in December.

What was the last film you saw at the cinema?

Ummm......that animated filum about the likkle pigeons during the war awwww.....bugger, can't remember the name of it!

What is your favourite TV show?

Hmmm........gotta be Desperate Housewives, with Dr Phil a close 2nd.

What do you usually have for breakfast?

Muesli mixed with yogourt.......then spend the next 10mins getting bits out from under my teeth......


What is your favourite cuisine?

Don't have a favourite as such, but enjoy Thai, Chinese & some Arabic meals.

What is your middle name?

Sheree

What food do you dislike?

Anything that still has its eyes in & looks back at me, meat, olives, asparagus. Instant vomit foods include boerewors** & black pudding aaaaarrrggghhhh

What is your favourite CD at the moment?

Il Divo - Ancora


What kind of car do you drive?

Here in Sandlands, I try not to drive, but if I must, it's a Ford Explorer 4Times4. When I'm home it's a BMW 530d


Favourite sandwich?

Cheese & Branston Pickle

What characteristic do you despise?

Closet racism.

Favourite item of clothing?

Ghanaian kaftan.

If you could go anywhere in the world on vacation?

Anywhere in the world where I haven't been before.........Oz, Japan, Russia etc.

What colour is your bathroom?

Here it's white, beige & green. At home it's all white.

Favourite brand of clothing?

The newly discovered (for me) Frank Usher

Where would you retire to?

Gonubie*** or some little seaside village nearby

What was your most memorable birthday?

I've had that many I've forgotten................

Favourite sport to watch?

Springbok Rugby Test matches + Cricket ODI's featuring the Proteas

Furthest place you are sending this?

Souf Efrica, Ireland, Scotland & Thailand.

When is your birthday?

4th February

Are you a morning person or a night person?

When someone wakes me up, I'll let you know........

What is your shoe size?

The same as my IQ = 8

Any new and exciting news you'd like to share with us?

I'm going to see my son, my daughter-in-law & my oh so special granddaughter, plus my parents & grandma & Mungo in about 6wks time yippeeeeee! Am also planning a special holiday in Eygypt at the end of the year.......First Class travel & accommodation dahhhling, because my husband loves me & has put up with 30 odd years of crap from yours truly :-)


What did you want to be when you were little?

I've never been little.

How are you today?

Give up, is this a quiz show? OK, OK, I'm quite fine............I'm always quite fine......I think.......don't quote me on it tho'...........

What is your favourite Chocolate?

Any..........she says, trying not to drool.....................but not too keen on white choblit cos its too sweeeeet & gives me toothache!

What is your favourite flower?

Hmmmm........roses, frangipani blossom, freesias & jasmine blossom.

What date on the calendar are you looking forward to?

14th May 2006 & 18th December 2006

Are you married?

You wouldn't chuckle..............

Do you enjoy your job?

If being a housewife is defined as a job, then I s'pose so, cos I'm my own boss so I can't get fired!

Favourite read?

Just about anything by Terry Pratchett, Tom Sharpe & Barbara Kingsolver.
* Kugel is a South African female who normally talks in a nasally whine with a gross exaggeration of the typical accent. She'll hail from the 'better' suburbs of the city, drive the latest Mercedes, wear designer clothes, perfumes, shoes etc & have 2.4 children who do extra ballet, horseriding, golf, tennis lessons etc. in order to keep up with the Bothas's next door. Hubby will be grey by the age of 30, smoke spliff on the quiet, frequent discreet brothels, max out every credit card possible & take out a 2nd bond (mortgage) to pay the 1st one. He will swear at the maid if she hasn't cleaned his golf shoes, but like his wife, expect the maid to raise his children, because after all, he's working so many long hours to pay for her.............blah blah blah
** Boerewors are beastly looking sausages, normally sold in a coiled fashion, of at least one metre in length. They contain ingredients such as bits of cow meat, pig meat, sheep meat, kudu meat, gemsbok meat, cat meat, the odd cockroach, several flies, spices to disguise, breadcrumbs, minced fat & sawdust. They are normally cooked on a braai, which in other languages is a barbeque/BBQ.
Black pudding is congealed pigs blood, compacted into a black coloured skin (like a sausage skin) & is normally fried. It is utterly disgusting, altho Hubs likes it. There's mention of it somewhere in Keefieboy's blog as well. He eats the stuff as well, so his description is no doubt far more tasty than mine!
***Gonubie is a small town about 12km from East London/Buffalo City/WeHaven'tDecidedWhatTribalNameToGiveItYet in the Eastern Cape, South Africa. If you look at a map & see Cape Town, follow the coast down & the next town is Port Elizabeth, followed by East London & almost 700km further on, Durban.

Posted by Jayne :: 14:21 :: 0 Had Somminc To Say

Got Somminc To Say?

---------------oOo---------------