JAYNE WITH A WHY


My life has endured some drastic changes over the past 5yrs. I've moved continents, moved countries, lost my partner in life, lost my dogs, lost the bikes & no doubt about it, lost more than a few marbles along the way. I'm fucked up but valiantly fighting off sanity, which snaps at my heels at regular intervals. I swear a lot. Tell someone who cares.

Wednesday, March 08, 2006

MY 100 LIST OF USELESS INFORMATION

Whilst browsing through various UAE blogs recently, I came across one by Red_Pen, who listed '100 Totally Random Things About Me You Never Wanted To Know'. I thought it was a pretty good idea, so I'm gonna make a start on my own list........................(could be weird cos I'm lissenin' to Skunk Anansie at the moment!)

1 - I went into fits of hysterical laughter in a crematorium.
2 - I'm waiting for religion to find me, cos I'm tired of looking for it.
3 - I've never shaved my legs.
4 - I talk to my plants; "Grow yer buggers, or else!"
5 - Detest filing paperwork until I HAVE to do it.
6 - Last time I got drunk was 1977.
8 - Love reading in bed.
9 - Don't bother asking if I look fat in this/that anymore. I do!
10 - Am mesmerized by Victoria Falls. Every time is different.
11 - Been fired from a job for laughing too much.
12 - I trust people way too much.
13 - Reckon Hubs has got the sexiest bum!
14 - (Spadge is a very close 2nd)
15 - Was given a goat - as a gift - by a tribal chief in Ghana.
16 - Will eat the crust on a pork pie, but not the filling.
17 - It took me more than 10yrs to be able to merely handle boerewors.
18 - I suffer from Foot-in-Mouth syndrome.
19 - Would rather chew glass than eat a steak.
20 - Refuse to feel guilty because I smoke.
21 - I abuse my vacuum cleaner every time I use it - without fail.
22 - Am currently trying to compile a family tree.
23 - Have visited 23 countries.
24 - Refuse point blank to live in England.
25 - Or Nigeria.
26 - Think that prostitution should be legalised.
27 - Appreciate Hubs cooking spectacular meals on Fridays :-)
28 - Think London is brilliant for tourists.
29 - Know that I have a short temper.
30 - Wish I had the patience to grow my hair longer.
31 - Prefer coffee to tea.
32 - I appreciate friendships that are genuine.
33 - Could never get the hang of whistling with my fingers.
34 - I'm tone deaf, but still warble away to my hearts' content :-)
35 - I rarely get lonely.
36 - Have had malaria more times than I can remember.
37 - Cannot abide movies with Chuck Norris or Steven Segal.
38 - I enjoy writing poetry.
39 - Think Wilbur Smith has definitely lost the plot nowadays.
40 - When I was a child, I pulled an old ladys wig off.
41 - I've NEVER been small.
42 - I was born big & I'm still growing - out rather than up!
43 - Say 'terrid' instead of 'terrible' & have done for 35yrs now.
44 - Remember Spadge's first word; "da da"
45 - His second word was "shit"
46 - I detest having to clean windows.
47 - I had my first tattoo done almost 30yrs ago.
48 - And have never ever regretted it.
49 - Have had 2 articles published by a professional organisation.
50 - I never take my wedding rings off unless...........
51 - I have to have an operation & the surgeon insists.
52 - I have an older brother, whom I haven't seen for heaps of years.
53 - He's got a reputation for being 'well 'ard'.
54 - Reckon Robbie Williams is a Fudge Pecker.
55 - Would love to visit the Grand Ole Opry.
56 - I look like a bag of snakes in the morning.
57 - Was the tallest kid in primary school.
58 - Spadge now has a leather belt I wore as a rebel-without-a-clue.
59 - Am planning a trip to celebrate our Pearl wedding anniversay.
60 - Went for an elephant ride in Thailand
61 - And felt guilty cos I thought I was too heavy for it.
62 - Have been told by the Muttawa to cover my hair.
63 - I'm one of the strange ones who enjoyed the Magic Kingdom
64 - Which is Saudi Arabia to those who don't know.
65 - Was given 2pkts of McVities Digestive biscuits & $100
66 - By the chief in Ghana.
67 - I thought Hubs had sold me...........
68 - Pretty bloody cheap!
69 - Hubs & myself are both Aquariuns.
70 - I don't believe in Horoscopes.
71 - I reckon Ankh-Morpork is more fun than Accra.
72 - Got dysentry in Swaziland.
73 - Would love to go horse riding.
74 - Anyone got a spare Shire horse knocking around?
75 - I've driven past an elephant less than 6" away & not seen it.
76 - Think that the saddest songs are written by women.
77 - I still have letters written to me by my dad from 1971.
78 - They are so treasured.
79 - Also letters from Hubs from before we were hitched.
80 - Highly treasured scribes.
81 - Intend to read every Terry Pratchett book written.
82 - Was allergic to sea water for many years.
83 - I had my first mammogram last year.
84 - I like my eyes.
85 - That's about all I like of me.
86 - Only started eating garlic when I was about 26.
87 - I stopped eating meat when I was a kid.
88 - I can cook a smashing joint of roast beef.
89 - I just can't eat it.
90 - I can eat bacon, if it's nearly cremated.
91 - Peanut butter sandwiches dunked in coffee are blinding!
92 - Lived in South Africa 23yrs before I got to see Cape Town
93 - And Table Mountain, with & without its cloth of clouds :-)
94 - Was a penpal to a guy on Death Row in America for several years.
95 - When I was growing up I'd never date a boy younger than myself.
96 - I can quite happily sleep for 10hrs given the chance.
97 - I snore...........to the extent of waking myself up sometimes!
98 - The truth always hurts.
99 - I miss my family so much & Mungo, our Staffie.
100 - Thanks for the great idea Red_Pen!

G'night folks...............

Posted by Jayne :: 15:52 :: 9 Had Somminc To Say

Got Somminc To Say?

---------------oOo---------------