JAYNE WITH A WHY


My life has endured some drastic changes over the past 5yrs. I've moved continents, moved countries, lost my partner in life, lost my dogs, lost the bikes & no doubt about it, lost more than a few marbles along the way. I'm fucked up but valiantly fighting off sanity, which snaps at my heels at regular intervals. I swear a lot. Tell someone who cares.

Sunday, February 19, 2006

CLICK WHIRRRRR CLICK WHIRRRRR

I'm going through a tough time right now............click whirrrrr click whirrrr.......that's the sound my sludge makes when it kicks into action & I start to THINK dammit! Why is it I can sit on the jazz & be in a complete dwaal, yet remember a dozen things I should write about in my blog.............but then, within 10 minutes, I've forgotten everything? Oh well, so far I can remember these bits;

The Little Boy still hasn't got his ball. Sisterbylaw couldn't get one & the bastards I ordered it from in the UK have seemingly pocketed my money. Either that, or some mongrel in Mndantsane is having a field day with the Little Boys ball.

Hubs & I took a lovely 2 night break at Fujairah recently. We stayed at Le Meridien Al Aqah which was simply divine doll! (she says in her best kugel voice) The break would've been perfect but for one thing; NOISY, RUDE, OBNOXIOUS & HIGHLY IRRITATING kids.........the mini rag'ead variety. Jeez, talk about testing mine & hubs patience! What is it with the parents of these kids? Have they never heard of discipline or manners? Why did a parent think it was funny when her brat threw an empty cold drink can over the balcony & let it drop 2 storeys, into a lovely quiet lounge? It was quiet, until they arrived. Thankfully, we haven't let their behaviour leave too long a lasting impression & the noisy horde in the next room to us left after one night. *sigh*

I had a new experience that weekend as well, of the 'wildlife' kind. On the drive home, we passed by a heap of camels. They were standing around rather aimlessly at the side of the road.......until they saw/heard our vehicle coming..........so then they decided to cross..........slowly! I never knew camels were so bloody indecisive! One minute they started walking across the road & the next minute they wandered back onto the verge again. Several minutes later (as well as quite a few 4 letter words from Hubs) they made up their minds & finally all crossed the road. I've been caught in the middle of a herd of elephants in Hwange National Park & also in the middle of a massive herd of buffalo in Chobe Game Reserve. I've also been incredibly lucky enough to see a pack of Wild (hunting) Dogs both inside a game reserve & also crossing a main road in Northern Botswana. Somehow, the encounter with a heap of mangy camels in the middle of a sandstorm just doesn't have the same thrill about it.............

Just finished reading a good book, albeit quite unusual, called 'Gem Squash Tokoloshe' by Rachel Zadok. Her descriptions of the old Transvaal really took me back a few years & I could picture her words so clearly. I'm now reading another Ben Elton book - 'Stark'. (Just another bit of useless information!)
On the way to do my volunteering stint at the rehab centre recently, the taxi driver seemed totally oblivious to the fact that he really didn't have much longer to live. He had a tape playing...........well.........I think it was a tape at one stage...........of a warbler (no doubt from his home country) whose voice went up & down in volume & pitch several times per minute. The musical background din consisted of numerous high pitched irritating instruments, guaranteed to make one think of nails on a blackboard......ooops.......sorry.........that should now be 'an historically disadvantaged drawing board'. The fluctuating volume I could handle. The nasally instruments in the background I could handle. What drove me to absolute distraction was that above the din of the singing(?) & music, was a repetitious 'scratch' noise, which drowned out every other racket at regular 2 second intervals. The driver had obtained this tape, which must have been originally recorded from a very badly scratched record. He had either got the 198th copy of it, or played it so many times that it'd warped & stretched to such a degree, that he really was tempting me to strangle him from the passenger seat in the rear of his vehicle! I'm just glad that nearly all the robots were on green & my trip was less than 5mins. Anything longer would have resulted in some serious physical damage, to both taxi driver & his car............eeeeeeeeeeeeek!!!!

Oh well, time for me to stop punishing the keyboard & nut up to Spinneys, cos we're all out of spek (bacon) & cod. The prices are hysterical, but what the hell, it's a treat!

Tailpiece........

BIRD flu is a serious disease that could strike any time now. Beware of symptoms that might indicate something is brewing. Here are a few tips that could save your life:
First watch out for severe headaches; sniffles and sore throat are also apparent; a tight chest and aching muscles could also mean trouble.
The most obvious, however, will be an irresistible urge to crap on the front window of a motor car.

Posted by Jayne :: 16:50 :: 0 Had Somminc To Say

Got Somminc To Say?

---------------oOo---------------