JAYNE WITH A WHY


My life has endured some drastic changes over the past 5yrs. I've moved continents, moved countries, lost my partner in life, lost my dogs, lost the bikes & no doubt about it, lost more than a few marbles along the way. I'm fucked up but valiantly fighting off sanity, which snaps at my heels at regular intervals. I swear a lot. Tell someone who cares.

Thursday, February 16, 2006

LETS TALK RUBBISH






I can't believe it! I've just come back from putting a bag of rubbish down the garbage chute & yet AGAIN, there's a plastic bag of rubbish, full to the brim & more, spilling its contents onto the floor. This is directly inside the door to the 'garbage room' & a mere 2ft (or less) from the actual garbage chute. For the life of me, I cannot fathom why some people are so bloody lazy. There surely can be no reason other than laziness/bone-sodding-idleness, cos surely if someone has the energy to physically leave their apartment, walk just a few metres & open the door to the garbage room, then why the hell can't they just open the chute & throw their trash away? I got so mad recently that I hastily wrote a notice & stuck it up in the garbage room, stating the chute was for rubbish, not the floor! It seems to have paid off.........until today. No doubt one of the apartment cleaners will pick the rubbish up AGAIN & chuck it down the chute AGAIN & wonder to himself; "I wonder who is too lazy to put their rubbish in the chute AGAIN?"
I wonder if the perpetrator is too lazy to wipe his own arse? Probably.
'Nuff sed.


And now for something totally different & oh so typically South African!


THE MYSTERY of the missing bench at Erik's Corner has been solved -sort of.
An irate reader's letter, published in Saturday's Dispatch, told how a kind-hearted person had used their Christmas bonus to buy a bench for unemployed people to sit on - only to notice that it was gone the very next morning.
"I experienced that great feeling one experiences when reaching out to others less fortunate than oneself," wrote the Bonnie Doon resident, who asked not to be named.
"That turned to a deep sadness and despair when, the next morning, I noticed that the bench had been stolen. I cannot comprehend how at least two people with a vehicle (the bench was heavy), could be so selfish as to steal from these men who are at least trying to be honestly employed. I shake my head at how depraved elements of our society have become."
Now another reader has written to the Dispatch to explain.
"I also feel for the unemployed of our city and help them in as many ways as possible," wrote the Beacon Bay resident, who also prefers not to be named.
"When leaving the video shop at Erik's Corner on Saturday afternoon in my son-in-law's truck I was asked if I wished to purchase the cement bench by a group of the unemployed.
"I enquired where they had got it from and was told it had been given to them to sell, as it was slightly damaged. I purchased it at a fair price and it was very willingly loaded by the group of sellers."

Jislaaik, I wonder how many bottles of Klippies they got with the money?

Posted by Jayne :: 14:42 :: 4 Had Somminc To Say

Got Somminc To Say?

---------------oOo---------------