JAYNE WITH A WHY


My life has endured some drastic changes over the past 5yrs. I've moved continents, moved countries, lost my partner in life, lost my dogs, lost the bikes & no doubt about it, lost more than a few marbles along the way. I'm fucked up but valiantly fighting off sanity, which snaps at my heels at regular intervals. I swear a lot. Tell someone who cares.

Tuesday, July 24, 2007

ALL QUIET IN THE SANDBOX

Jeez, this place is so quiet. Grandma is in Dublin, Kaya's in Thailand (ratbag) & half of the expat population of Abu Dhabi seems to have gapped it to cooler destinations. I should be so lucky...................................
.
.
.
.
Well, actually I am!

By this time next week, I'll be well on my way home. Hubs asked me if I'd like to go home to see my parents & also to do a recce of some properties in the Eastern Cape. How could I refuse? Within 3hrs, all flights, overnight hotel & car hire were booked - sorted! Dubs & Pup (my folks) are all excited about seeing their baby girl (moi) again, as we haven't seen each other for over a year.

When I get back from Souf Efrica, I've got less than 48hrs to swap clothes, wash & iron & then repack all over again, as Hubs & myself will be winging our way to Dublin. We haven't seen Spadge, Shans & Chikkin since December, so we've got some serious spoiling to do, particularly as far as Chikkin is concerned. That's what grandparents are for (innit?) - spoiling their grandchildren rotten & then handing them back to the parents! Grandma used to do it to Spadge, so hey, it's PAYBACK time! After a week in Dublin, we're taking the kids & Chikkin to Spain for a week - something we're all looking forward to. We've booked a villa in a small, out of the way coastal town, where beer-swilling-egg-and-chips-eating-bad-mannered-English-package-tour-peeps are NOT welcome. My kinda place! This will be my first trip to Spain & I'm really looking forward to experiencing the culture & cuisine of another country. And spoiling Chikkin of course!
.
I've now lost 13.3kg & am finally physically seeing the difference, as quite a few clothes are baggy on me. I'm pleased, but disappointed in a sense that I haven't tried harder. Ag, bugger it! So long as I can fit into a new pair of jeans & swing my leg over the pillion seat on Hubs' Harley, I'm happy :-D
.

Posted by Jayne :: 04:50 :: 9 Had Somminc To Say

Got Somminc To Say?

---------------oOo---------------