JAYNE WITH A WHY


My life has endured some drastic changes over the past 5yrs. I've moved continents, moved countries, lost my partner in life, lost my dogs, lost the bikes & no doubt about it, lost more than a few marbles along the way. I'm fucked up but valiantly fighting off sanity, which snaps at my heels at regular intervals. I swear a lot. Tell someone who cares.

Saturday, June 17, 2006

MOZZIE BLUES



My 'system' has been run down over the last couple of weeks, due mainly to some pretty staunch emotional strain & then having my teeth removed. Earlier this week I really felt like I'd been hit by a bus - I was so tired & my throat felt like it was going to close up completely. Then I started with the sweats...........not just normal sweats........but cold sweats, which is bloody 'orrible. This was the start of yet another bout of malaria. Thankfully, I brought a good supply of Nivoquine with me from SA, so for the last 4 days I've been taking these vile pills & I'm pleased to say I'm feeling a whole heap better!

It never ceases to amaze me how one fekkin little critter can inflict so much damage & pain to the human body. I first got malaria in Ghana, some 10yrs ago. I then got a different strain whilst I was in Kenya. For the first few years, I'd have a relapse every 6mths or so. It's really not nice when your body temperature doesn't even make a reading on a thermometer, you can shit through the eye of a needle & puke like there's no tomorrow. Thankfully, over the past couple of years, I've done really well & haven't suffered much, but just when you think the fekkin disease has given up the ghost, it comes back to haunt you! Bastard mosquitoes!

I've still got heaps to blog about, from my trip back home, so stay tuned folks, normal service will be resumed shortly :-)


Posted by Jayne :: 07:41 :: 3 Had Somminc To Say

Got Somminc To Say?

---------------oOo---------------