JAYNE WITH A WHY


My life has endured some drastic changes over the past 5yrs. I've moved continents, moved countries, lost my partner in life, lost my dogs, lost the bikes & no doubt about it, lost more than a few marbles along the way. I'm fucked up but valiantly fighting off sanity, which snaps at my heels at regular intervals. I swear a lot. Tell someone who cares.

Sunday, June 04, 2006

THE CHIKKIN PART

Well, where to start? Hubs & I fell hopelessly in love with a very special baby girl! From our arrival, 'Grandad' spent every spare moment with Chikkin & the rest of us were lucky if we got a look in! I know she's 'ours' & we're naturally gushing grandparents, but in all honesty, none of the family has ever come across such a happy baby! Chikkin & Mommy Shans left Dublin during an afternoon & only arrived in the Eastern Cape at midday the following day, as they went via Paris. Three flights & not one tear shed - it's got to be a world record!

So, as you can see, Chikkin is a happy baby with her grandad! She likes being tickled & has the most gorgeous chuckle! She is really inquisitive & wants to touch everything within reach - which is normally followed by trying to get whatever it might be into her mouth! She's developed a liking to biltong* & chewing on it certainly seemed to ease the discomfort of teething.


Spadge, Shans & Chikkin spent their time between families & friends, but Hubs & myself were lucky enough to babysit (all by ourselves!) one night. We had great fun.......as only grandparents can......but it's funny how Grandad managed to sleep through the 2a.m. feed.....ahem......

The Big Event - The Christening - went without a hitch & Chikkin managed to sleep quite contentedly through most of it. She has 2 wonderful God Parents - Tracy (Shans best friend) & Stuart (Spadge's best mate) plus a heap of adoring aunties, uncles, grandparents & great-grandparents. She is surrounded by love & happiness, particularly from Spadge & Shanna & it reflects in such a really positive way in her early personality. She melted dozens of hearts in a matter of seconds with the most beautiful smile.........................*sigh*

* Biltong is that 'orrible dried meat stuff.

I dunno what I'm doing wrong, but I'm battling to load photos. I'm having a BTM (Blonde Technical Moment).....stay tuned while I kick start the grey matter into action.........


Posted by Jayne :: 16:28 :: 0 Had Somminc To Say

Got Somminc To Say?

---------------oOo---------------