JAYNE WITH A WHY


My life has endured some drastic changes over the past 5yrs. I've moved continents, moved countries, lost my partner in life, lost my dogs, lost the bikes & no doubt about it, lost more than a few marbles along the way. I'm fucked up but valiantly fighting off sanity, which snaps at my heels at regular intervals. I swear a lot. Tell someone who cares.

Thursday, December 21, 2006

HAVING A STRESS ON ! !

I'm having a bit of a stress-on at the moment. All is not rosy in the life of this Jaynewithawhy & I have to endure the stress for another 24hrs at least. My neck muscles have siezed up & I've kept myself so busy today that I'm fit to drop. Hubs is equally stressed & Grandma has joined our little club, cos she really doesn't want to be left out in the misery stakes.

Mummy Shans is currently at home in SA. She's been prodded, poked & operated on twice in the space of a few hours. She went home to have a holiday & also to be the Maid of Honour at her best friends wedding. Chikkin was a flower girl (everyone say "awwww") & thankfully the wedding went off without any hassles. But the surgery has left Shans exhausted & no doubt scared, as test results aren't looking too good right now.

Then poor Mummy Shans got a secondary infection, which has led to bleeding. She is due to leave for Joburg tomorrow afternoon & due to catch a plane to Abu Dhabi on Saturday morning. This is so that we can all be together as a family for Crimble. Spadge is flying in from Dublin (via Gatwick) & it's here that I can only say "Insh'allah" (God willing)

Shans doctor has said it's too risky for her to fly if she's bleeding too much. She's on new antibiotics to fight the infection & has to see the doc again tomorrow morning, where hopefully - Insh'allah - she will be given the all clear. Timing is crucial - there is no time to spare, eeeeek!


This morning, on Sky News, the headlines were all about flights being cancelled left, right & centre , to & from Heathrow, Gatwick, Manchester & Aberdeen, due to heavy/dense fog. Blinding! I sent an SMS to Spadge & asked him to please check to make sure his flight was still scheduled. I heard bugger all for hours & hours. Here's me having a right stress, because the idea of him not being able to leave Dublin and/or London was just unbearable.

I hear nothing.

My frustration mounts.

I cave in & phone him, blast him from a dizzy height ("don't you check for messages on your phone or watch the bloody news?").
The retort: "Chill mum, it's bright sunshine here"
Me: "Well it ain't in fuckin' London(!) which means yer plane can't land, which means it won't take off...................blah blah blah............please get in touch with the airport & let me know what the score is!"


I do the ironing.

It distracts me from the rising panic.

Hubs comes home from work & I tell him what's been going off. He's as pissed off & frustrated as I am.

We wait small.

I get an SMS from Spadge, he's boarding the plane. Don't sweat the small stuff mum, he says.

So tonight, we're waiting small for the final verdict from Mummy Shans doctor, which we will only find out around lunch-time tomorrow.
Co-ordinating this family get together for Crimble has been somewhat trying. Two adults & one Chikkin - 3 different passports & coming from different ends of the world via 4 different airlines. And to make things even more interesting, my 'surrogate' son Stewie, also from the Eastern Cape, will be joining us for Crimble as well!

Insh'alla our family will make it to Abu Dhabi as planned.


Sometimes I wonder.............................maybe I should start drinking again!!



Update - 22nd: Mummy Shans has got the all clear from the doc & can fly as planned. WHEW!!!!!!
The Chikkin will be landing................stay tuned!

Posted by Jayne :: 18:32 :: 3 Had Somminc To Say

Got Somminc To Say?

---------------oOo---------------