JAYNE WITH A WHY


My life has endured some drastic changes over the past 5yrs. I've moved continents, moved countries, lost my partner in life, lost my dogs, lost the bikes & no doubt about it, lost more than a few marbles along the way. I'm fucked up but valiantly fighting off sanity, which snaps at my heels at regular intervals. I swear a lot. Tell someone who cares.

Saturday, September 16, 2006

BLOGGING BLUES

For almost a week now, I haven't been able to check blogs, particularly ones that I've linked to my page. I haven't been able to access heaps of web pages, haven't been able to post anything on this & have battled to retrieve mail. As far as I know, I don't have any bugs or virus - Hubs performed surgical precision checks - so the only thing I could come up with was that I'd downloaded the new Messenger Live Update. From doing that, nothing has been going as it should have & buggrit, it's bloody frustrating! I didn't tick the option of installing the accompanying toolbar, as I was happy with what I had & I have a horrible suspicion that the toolbar thingy was the problem. Internet connection speed wasn't a problem, the network link between me & Hubs wasn't a problem, but about 80% of what I wanted to look at came up 'error' or 'server error'.

This morning, out of sheer frustration, I uninstalled the Messenger Live & also the Yahoo toolbar. Then, after a coupla smokes & a coffee, reinstalled the Messenger Live, complete with its sodding toolbar. Hey-fekkin-presto............I'm now getting much more than what I have been in the past several days BUT not all the blogs open yet. I don't know what else to do.....................(she sobs, in typical dumb-blonde computer ignorance!)

Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions as to what might possibly be wrong with this confounded set up?


**************************************
On a lighter note, we took the unusual step of venturing out to a mall yesterday. We don't do this very often on a weekend, cos Hubs loathes weekend shoppers, as I suspect many men do! Anyway, we fought our way through the screaming brats & dawdling adults to find a new phone for Hubs. After a price & make comparison adventure, he eventually settled on a phone that stops short of changing a spare tyre or liquidising any form of solid matter. It's really nice - for him - but it'd take me 3mths at a well known university just to learn how to make a simple call!
Whilst out, Grandma told us she wanted to buy some really sickly/sticky/heart attack inducing cakes, just for a little treat. We went to a superb confectioner in town, selected 6 life-span reducing cakes & got a sample of some of the chocolates on offer - OMG divine! After a smashing dinner of Thai food, we tucked into our cakes....................
Grandma's verdict: Ohhhhhhhhhh..........out of this world!
My verdict: Better than sex! (I got the expected glare from Hubs!)
Hubs verdict: This is Devil food!
For anyone who fancies a yummy treat, EVA Dolce is the place!

Posted by Jayne :: 08:40 :: 4 Had Somminc To Say

Got Somminc To Say?

---------------oOo---------------