JAYNE WITH A WHY


My life has endured some drastic changes over the past 5yrs. I've moved continents, moved countries, lost my partner in life, lost my dogs, lost the bikes & no doubt about it, lost more than a few marbles along the way. I'm fucked up but valiantly fighting off sanity, which snaps at my heels at regular intervals. I swear a lot. Tell someone who cares.

Wednesday, August 16, 2006

FEDDUP

I can say, without a shadow of a doubt, that I bloody well hate being grounded! I'm right fed up, scrumpled, pissed off & miserable. I've now got a cold (it's all Tainted's fault!)* so I'm like a sodding snot factory that hobbles from one room to another in search of more tissues, lip balm & moisturising cream for my nose.
Hubs took me to Al Noor hospital last week, to get my ankle checked out & X-rays revealed I've crushed a bone. The orthopaedic doc didn't want to put a cast on, as he said the risk of DVT was high................I think if that happened to me again (I've had DVT's twice now) I'd find a vet & ask him to put me down. So, my ankle is bound during the day & put in a stabilising brace during the night. The swelling has gone down quite a bit & the bruising is now different shades of blue & yellow, but the pain doesn't seem to ease up much. I've got a box under my desk, which my left foot is now propped up on, cos if I don't do a bit of psychological surfing, I swear I'll go nuts.
I've been doing alot of reading since being grounded, so I was really looking forward to reading Martina Cole's new book - The Take - but jeez, give me a break............it took almost 400 pages to get to the crux of the plot & I found it to be really repetative in certain respects. This woman has knocked out some good stuff in the past, but her wheels were definitely deflated when she shoved this one out. Normally she tends to bring her characters alive by their accents (particularly Cockney) but in this book everyone tends to swear or voice their obscenities in a terribly polite manner. If you're going to have a gangster who would kneecap his own mother for an unpaid debt, it's no good trying to refine his edges, cos if you've got street cred, then thassit innit? So my personal review of The Take is utter bollocks.
I'm cheering myself by reading Soul Music (Terry Pratchett) now & am thoroughly enjoying it. I needed something totally insane to take my sludge off of Ms Cole's crap. TP is a bloody genius! How can you not be mesmerised by characters called 'Death' (who only talks in CAPITAL LETTERS), 'Rincewind', an orangutan that's a Librarian & a Troll called Igor who talks with a lisp? Oh to have Mr Pratchetts imagination!

Before Grandma came to live with us, Hubs & I would buy box sets of DVD's. We went through the first 3 series of '24' before I got tired of Jack's tutting & sighing, so then - for something completely different - we bought the first series of Six Feet Under. Neither of us had seen the show on TV, but I'd seen good reviews, so we decided to give it a bash. We were totally addicted! By the time Grandma arrived, we'd finished series 1, 2, 3 & 4, so we asked her to watch them before we got the 5th & final series. Needless to say, Grandma became an addict & every day she'd disappear into her room to do her 'homework' of watching an episode......or two! I was dreading the final series & had like an underlying fear that everyone was going to get killed off in some horrific accident, but must admit I really enjoyed every episode & especially the end. There are some pretty dysfunctional families 'out there' but I reckon the Fishers take the cake!
All good things have to come to an end I s'pose, so now we're on the lookout for another series to watch..............we've tried to get the first series of 'Lost' but none of the stores seem to have it. Anyone recommend something else?
Watching daytime TV is so incredibly frustrating nowadays, as everything I tune into is a repeat. I've watched Oprah in Riyadh, Sondu (Kenya), Mua (Malawi) & Tarkwa (Ghana) & sod me if I'm not seeing repeats of her shows from the last 2 countries I've lived in. Dr Phil's shows are now on a repeat roll (sigh) & I swear if I see another Trading Up/Houses Under the Hammer/House Swap/Wife Swap/60 Minutes/Lock-Up/Middlemore/ER repeat I'll throw somminc at the TV & send thousands of obscene letters to Showtime & Orbit! I would rather count grains of sandy dust on the balcony floor than be reduced to watching General Hospital or The Bold & The Beautiful!
I think I feel better now.......snifff.........atchooo.......atchooooooooooo....bugger! I'm gonna order Chinese & Thai food for dinner tonight. I just hope I can taste it..........atchooooooooooo............(spray the monitor with snot why dontcha woman?)
I'm out of here, before I thump something or someone, simply out of pure frustration!
*On Tainteds blog, she recently was very poorly with the flu. She's since 'given' a couple of her fellow bloggers the bug. Strange thing this cyberspace!


Posted by Jayne :: 10:14 :: 7 Had Somminc To Say

Got Somminc To Say?

---------------oOo---------------