JAYNE WITH A WHY


My life has endured some drastic changes over the past 5yrs. I've moved continents, moved countries, lost my partner in life, lost my dogs, lost the bikes & no doubt about it, lost more than a few marbles along the way. I'm fucked up but valiantly fighting off sanity, which snaps at my heels at regular intervals. I swear a lot. Tell someone who cares.

Tuesday, August 08, 2006

MORE FAVOURITES

I apologise in advance for the poor quality of the photos - I tried taking shots with the flash on & got great big white blotches, so on nzm's suggestion (thanks hon) I turned the flash off. I don't know if it's cos I haven't got a steady hand or if basically I'm just a kak photographer, but the images aren't so clear.

Anyway, this first pair of pictures are of a pair of almost dream-like images, one of a maiden & the other of a Sangoma (witchdoctor). They were only calendar prints which I had framed a dozen or so years ago, but they seem to let my imagination conjour up infinite stories.......





This is a painting done on cotton, which I got whilst in Kenya. So much detail goes into such works by local artists & like most curios, they're sold by the side of the road for very cheap prices.



This has to be one of our all time favourites - a painting of Elsa by Joy Adamson. Hubs & I took the opportunity of vising her home - now a museum - near Naivasha, Kenya. She was an incredibly talented artist & one day when I'm rich, I'll go back & buy some of her original paintings!


Finally, this is one of a pair of original paintings by a black artist whom I came across in 1993. His work was so different - vibrant & imaginative!


Posted by Jayne :: 19:15 :: 2 Had Somminc To Say

Got Somminc To Say?

---------------oOo---------------