JAYNE WITH A WHY


My life has endured some drastic changes over the past 5yrs. I've moved continents, moved countries, lost my partner in life, lost my dogs, lost the bikes & no doubt about it, lost more than a few marbles along the way. I'm fucked up but valiantly fighting off sanity, which snaps at my heels at regular intervals. I swear a lot. Tell someone who cares.

Saturday, July 22, 2006

I HAD A GARDEN IN.........................THE MAGIC KINGDOM (as well as Africa!)

I was sorting through some old photos & files on a disc just recently & found these, pics of the garden I made (all by myself she says, puffing out her ample chest......ahem) whilst living in the Magic Kingdom.
Grandma gave me the gardening 'bug' a few years ago after I stopped working............she said "Don't think yer gonna sit on yer arse all bloody day - get out & help me in the garden!") I did just that & really enjoyed myself. I created a lovely garden from a bare piece of bush whilst in Kenya & thought I'd try the same whilst living in Riyadh.


Every pot I used in this bed was a broken one. After living in the bush, you learn to make the most of everything!



I started off digging an outline for the shape of the bed & then dug it all over, added some potting soil, broken pots, coloured stones & some plants. I was a bit younger (I feel like I've aged 15yrs in the last 6!) & was full of energy. So, this is the 'early days' of the main flower bed.........



Heaps & heaps of water, litres of sweat, more than enough swear words & a few months later, the bed + garden looked like this:



*big sigh*

I miss having a garden, but between Grandma & myself, we'll make a nice 'green spot' out on the balcony!


Posted by Jayne :: 13:50 :: 2 Had Somminc To Say

Got Somminc To Say?

---------------oOo---------------