JAYNE WITH A WHY


My life has endured some drastic changes over the past 5yrs. I've moved continents, moved countries, lost my partner in life, lost my dogs, lost the bikes & no doubt about it, lost more than a few marbles along the way. I'm fucked up but valiantly fighting off sanity, which snaps at my heels at regular intervals. I swear a lot. Tell someone who cares.

Monday, August 07, 2006

A FEW OF MY FAVOURITE THINGS

I had to be quite ruthless when it came to choosing which curios I would bring over to Abu Dhabi. I have a beautiful hand carved Malawian 'chief' chair in solid teak & I would have loved to brought it here, but it weighs in at 25kg, so sadly it's gone into storage. My friend Laura - from my days in Kenya - gave me a stunning Kisii stone carving, but alas, at 23kg it also had to go into storage. *sigh*

After much deliberation, I decided to bring our favourite paintings & smaller curios. This wall hanging is from the Transkei in South Africa.




Made from one piece of wood, this zebra bowl is from Kisumu in Kenya.



This is what I look like, first thing in the morning....scary innit?

(From Accra, Ghana)

Now, if I can figure out how to get more photos on an entry without bashing the living daylights out of my laptop, I will! And, as soon as I can figure out how to take some nice photos of the paintings without great big white blotches of where the flash has gone off, I will!






Posted by Jayne :: 11:49 :: 7 Had Somminc To Say

Got Somminc To Say?

---------------oOo---------------