JAYNE WITH A WHY


My life has endured some drastic changes over the past 5yrs. I've moved continents, moved countries, lost my partner in life, lost my dogs, lost the bikes & no doubt about it, lost more than a few marbles along the way. I'm fucked up but valiantly fighting off sanity, which snaps at my heels at regular intervals. I swear a lot. Tell someone who cares.

Tuesday, June 20, 2006

THE 'OTHER' PART


I wrote a little while back about the 'Chikkin Part' of my trip back home & I've been meaning to catch up on other stuff that happened whilst I was there............been wanting to do it, but not wanting to do it, cos I reckon by the end of this post I'll be typing through tears.

Our brief holiday was anything but that! We had little time to chill & Hubs didn't even get a round of golf in.....awwww shame! (He did bring his bats back with him though!) We'd decided to rather rent our house than sell it, but I couldn't even think of packing anything until everyone had left. Spadge, Shans & Chikkin spent their brief time between us & Shans' parents/family (thankfully in the same town), but we did manage to spend some quality time together. Taking Chikkin for a walk down by the sea will always be a treasured memory :-)













We had long chats about when would be the best time for Grandma to join us (to live) in Abu Dhabi & after several Jack Daniels, Hubs decided there was no time like the present, so he booked her a ticket to fly back with him. I would stay behind to pack up the house. I'd been away from home for 9mths & so many things had either gone wrong or deteriorated in my absence. Our computer refused point blank to even switch on, the swimming pool lining was badly stained & looked really miff & a small window in the laundry was just about ready to fall off. Bugger! In the end, I just became so apathetic & couldn't wait to get back to Abu Dhabi, which was really strange, because I love my home so very much.
(We bought our home over the Internet 5yrs ago, whilst in the Magic Kingdom. We'd never seen it, but I knew & trusted the Estate Agent. We figured we'd either make a very expensive mistake, or we'd fall in love with it. Thankfully it was the latter!)
Anyway, the time came for Hubs & grandma to leave. It wasn't too sad an occasion at the airport that night, as I knew I would be joining them in the near future. That evening, poor Mungo went from one room to another, looking for grandma. He slept on my bed, but several times during the night, he got up & paced around outside........he just couldn't settle.
The following day is one that I'd really like to forget. Once the decision had been made for grandma to come & live with us, it meant we would have to make a decision about Mungo. Grandma just isn't capable of a) living by herself in a big house or b) looking after herself, because her middle name is Martyr & she always puts herself last. We knew our options for Mungo were to either find him a new home, or have him put down. We delayed the decision for as long as possible.






Posted by Jayne :: 15:10 :: 1 Had Somminc To Say

Got Somminc To Say?

---------------oOo---------------